1025 Thomas Jefferson St, NW
8th Floor, West Tower
Washington, DC 20007-5201
Damon E. Xenopoulos principal
Damon Xenopoulos represents manufacturers principally in matters related to their electric power and natural gas requirements. He also advises U.S. manufacturers with regard to investigations into unfair international trade practices, including antidumping investigations and reviews.
Damon’s day-to-day counsel is strong on attention to detail, broadly creative in identifying opportunities and solving problems, and forceful in pursuing beneficial results.
Damon Xenopoulos’ client engagements routinely include the following services:
- Representation in federal and state energy rate and special contract proceedings and appeals;
- Representation in rate- and service-related negotiations with electric power, natural gas and industrial gas suppliers;
- Representation in Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) proceedings;
- Representation in Regional Transmission Organization (RTO) and Independent System Operator (ISO) stakeholder proceedings;
- Preparing and issuing requests for proposals to define and select the most attractive supply;
- Preparing electric power, natural gas, demand response and industrial gas contracts;
- Providing legal support and consulting services to corporate managers/controllers; and
- Identifying and pursuing energy cost savings for industrial end-users.
Electric and Natural Gas Utility Law
Public Policy and Law
- Legislative, regulatory, and executive ...
Electric Power and Natural Gas Matters
Represented U.S. manufacturers in:
- Procuring electric power and natural gas;
- Negotiating special rates with regulated electricity providers;
- Preparing, issuing, evaluating and negotiating responses to requests for proposals to sell electric power to large industrial facilities in retail customer choice states;
- State utility commission proceedings to challenge rate increases sought by electric power providers and local distribution companies, respectively;
- Electric power and natural gas proceedings before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission;
- Litigating cost of service and ratemaking issues, including cost allocation (jurisdictional and intra-state); return on equity; revenue requirements; and special, economic development and interruptible rates;
- PJM and MISO stakeholder proceedings;
- Competitive site selection for new U.S. manufacturing facilities; and
- Identifying, negotiating and contracting with a Curtailment Service Provider.
Industrial Gas Matters
Represented manufacturers in negotiating the terms and conditions of industrial gas arrangements and contracts.
International Trade Matters
Represented U.S. tungsten ore concentrate producers in obtaining an antidumping order, and prosecuting successful antidumping reviews, covering tungsten ore concentrates from the Peoples’ Republic of China.
Represented U.S. rebar manufacturers in obtaining an antidumping order, and prosecuting successful antidumping reviews, covering steel concrete reinforcing bar from Turkey.
Represented U.S. manufacturers in antidumping and countervailing duty appeals before the United States Court of International Trade and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Prepared and filed claims for distribution of antidumping and countervailing duties under the Continued Dumping and Subsidies Offset Act.
Advised clients on U.S. law regarding international trade matters.
- LL.M., New York University School of Law
- M.C.L., George Washington University National Law Center
- LL.B. (Qualified "With Distinction"), University of the Witwatersrand School of Law (Johannesburg, South Africa)
- B.A., University of the Witwatersrand (Johannesburg, South Africa)
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- New York
- California (At his election, Damon is an "inactive" member of the California bar. He may choose to re-activate his membership in the future.)
- U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- American Bar Association
- Energy Bar Association